1. SIN-OFFERINGS WERE GOD’S PROVISION TO ISRAEL—THEY WERE HIS GIFTS
2. SIN-OFFERINGS WERE NOT *PUNISHED” THEY WERE ACCEPTED. Leviticus
3. THEIR DEATH WAS THE INNOCENT SUFFERING FOR THE GUILTY
4. THE OFFERERS WERE NOT *PUNISHED* HESHE/THEY WERE FORGIVEN (Leviticus 4, entire chapter and elsewhere that speaks of “atonement” and “forgiveness”.)
5. GOD DID NOT NEED TO BE APPEASED, HE WAS THE ONE WHO LOVINGLY INITIATED FORGIVENESS AND KEPT THE NATION’S RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM POSSIBLE.
6. THE ENTIRE SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM WAS GOD’S IDEA TO SAVE ISRAEL AND KEEP THEM SAVED. See Leviticus 18:1-5, note v. 5
7. THE SINNERS COULD NOT OFFER THEMSELVES SPOTLESS TO GOD BUT IN OFFERING THE SPOTLESS SACRIFICE GOD PROVIDED THEY WERE OFFERING A LIFE THEY WOULD LIKE TO GIVE. (This presumes they offered their hearts as they offered the sacrifice. It was their heart’s commitment in obedience God wanted rather than sacrifice (Hosea 6:6; Psalm 51:16-17; 1 Samuel 15:22).. God didn’t look for sinless obedience since they were already sinners when He chose them—He sought for heartfelt commitment to Him as the one true God. Be sure to read ALL of Deuteronomy 30.